Celebratory group photo after earning a 2nd place medal in the state UIL competition.
Panther Creek HS

March Madness

The Panther Creek Marching band is a remarkable group of talented individuals, known for their vibrant and alluring performances. They spend many hours rehearsing and perfecting their music and choreography, giving their audience an unforgettable experience. Whether there rehearsing on the football field for games or spending countless hours practicing their UIL music, the Panther Creek Marching band never fails to impress. One of our marching band’s greatest accomplishment this year was placing 2nd in the UIL 4A State Marching Contest. The marching band dedicated a lot of time and effort into this achievement by rehearsing throughout the summer, after school, and weekends which proves how motivated and driven they were.

A student from the marching band says “As a band we strive for success, so that means practicing every day. We had rehearsal 4 out of the 5 school days for about 2-3 hours and we also had our band period too.”

Not only did the Panther Creek Marching Band achieve great success in the UIL State Marching Contest, but they also had a amazing football season. Having the band perform throughout the game and during halftime, uplifted the overall game experience by bringing a more energetic and enthusiastic atmosphere.

“Marching band is something that brings the community at panther together like football does, us going to all the games being a big part of the pep for the students in the stands” another member from the marching band says.

The band also perform at pep rallies, events, and concerts such as there most recent one, the winter contest.

“My favorite memory is just probably the rehearsals or going to our competitions, especially when all of us were on the field when they called panther for second in state. Our band was being so loud and obnoxious just having the best time being happy, we were so loud that the other bands couldn’t even take their pictures” adds a saxophone player.

Panther Creek is truly lucky to have such an extraordinary group of talented musicians. Their hard work and countless hours of practice have paid off, as shown by their many achievements. Their passion for music reflects in every performance, making their school and community proud.