The Student News Site of Panther Creek High School

Panther Creek News

Panther Creek News

Panther Creek News

Dig on Culture Set For Progress

Volleyball is an intense, interesting sport that many people enjoy as both spectator and player. It brings students together and creates a sense of school spirit and community. The infectious volleyball culture bleeds through the hallways of Panther Creek HS, and signifies the exemplar for competitive leadership and togetherness. 

“Volleyball is a sport where you come together and where morality is important. Volleyball is all about teamwork and communication and builds a bond between all the players” says one of the players on the JV volleyball team. “So the student section and cheering are essential because it gives you confidence and confidence is really important in volleyball.” 

So how does the team function together? “Volleyball is all about communicating so you get close really fast because everyone on the team relies on each other,” said volleyball player Laylah McGee. 

As the school continues to grow we see the PCHS volleyball community grow alongside. This year as we have a full school of 4 grades, we have seniors leading exemplifying the PCHS standards, as well as a new freshman to the team learning the school’s culture first hand. When interacting with Coach Hill she said “the growth of the school allows for the growth of volleyball because of this growth the leadership roles and spirit have immensely grown through the team’s dynamic”. 

Having a school with a spirited sports and student sections makes the everyday atmosphere of the school what is daily. Panther Creek believes in a loving and positive atmosphere and when our student athletes reflect those ideals all of our students reflect from it.  Keeping the Panther Creek values through our school’s activities on campus and off campus volleyball games exemplifies our school’s meaning and objective for all of FISD. All there is left to say is “paws up and claws out panthers” and keep up PCHS volleyball as our season continues!