Forthcoming Funds Fun Activities

Panther Creek Hosts First School Dance, Plans For More

Kailey Haba, Staff Writer

Forthcoming (FOCO) was on Sep. 24, 2022, with a theme of Casino Royale. Red, silver, and black streamers hung in the cafeteria and balloons were in each and every corner of the room. The party was complete with board games on the tables, a DJ on the cafeteria stairs and students going in and out of the cafeteria to the courtyard.

Students purchased tickets in the weeks leading up to the event online for $20 or at the door for $25 with proceeds going to the Student Council.

The first dance was sponsored by some of the teachers, like Geometry teacher Mr. Frederick.

“The FOCO dance money is used to fund the dance itself as well as other Student Council projects (Powder Puff, Pep Rallys, etc.),” Frederick said.

The total profit from FOCO was $10,861.16.

These activities help create a fun and welcoming culture for all students. This is especially important as we are working together to build a brand new campus environment,” Frederick said.

TRANSITION

“My experience from FOCO was fun and enjoyable. The song were decent and the decorations were well done for our first school dance,” tenth grader Saahiti Gupta said.

TRANSITION – FOCO was a great opportunity for students and teachers to come together and all do something, out on the dance floor all together they all enjoyed their time.

“FOCO was one of the best experiences of the school year so far. The music could have been better, but overall it was a good way for all of us students to hang out outside of school, but in school,” tenth grader Sophia Thornquist said.

Panther Creek called its dance a Forthcoming because it’s a new school there aren’t any seniors, just juniors. As a result, they won’t have a Homecoming until 2024.