The Student News Site of Panther Creek High School

Panther Creek News

Panther Creek News

Panther Creek News

CREEK Values

More Than a Sport
CREEK+Values
Kari Wong

Football is a sport that a lot of people enjoy and bond over. The excitement of winning, the cheerleaders cheering, crazy fans yelling out to each other, the overwhelmness of the players, and the great food. These are all factors that make up a great football game. As the school grows larger, so do the sports teams which is fantastic because it brings more people together to make an undefeatable team and more importantly, a trusted bond between the players and the coaches on the football team.

“I think football is a huge part of success at school, it creates an environment and a sense of pride to the school that gives everybody something to look forward to.” Coach Wilson, the defensive coordinator, said. On August 25th 2023, Panther Creek High had its first football game. Each football game is very nerve-wracking for not only the coaches but the captains, players, and fans too which is why teamwork and contributing are very important factors for the team. 

So how do some of the players contribute to the team? I contribute with leadership and keeping the team hype and ready for the next game.” said Seth Bahsoon, one of the team captains. I’m preparing my team by really making sure we’re staying consistent throughout practices, bringing the same mindset and effort every single day…I feel like the new team members are really trying to pull their weight as well.” said Braedon Atha, who is another team captain. 

Panther Creek vs Independence

Panther Creek’s football team won their first game ever on September 23, 2022. The team was built from the ground up and the growth from the first game to now has been phenomenal. The players started to work harder with the help of the coaches and their new team captains which is why they are more than capable of winning the championship. “Practice is super important, it’s one of the most important things we do, we practice more than we play games and so being consistent and showing effort and character in practice is what’s going to lead to winning games” Coach Joynt said. As long as the players on the football team continue to work hard and stay focused, they will grow much more and eventually win more championships.

On  August 25th, 2023, Panther Creek High’s football team had their first game this year. After long days of practicing and working together as a team to make sure the team succeeds, the day is finally arriving. The coaches play a big part in the team’s success because they train the players to work their hardest and nothing less than their hardest. “You have to practice as close as possible to game speed, It’s really really hard to get to game speed and practice but you can’t expect to show up on game day and be successful, you have to prove it all week.” said Coach Cate, the offensive coordinator of the football team.

On September 1st 2023 Panther Creek’s football team got a dub against Arlington Heights. This team has been working so hard to win and make our school proud. Training everyday in extreme heat is all worth it in the end when the school rallies together as one claw. Keep up the good work panthers!